Besides the TruSens Smart App and Alexa voice command capabilities, are there any differences between the TruSens Smart Air Purifiers (Z-2500 and Z-3500) and the standard TruSens Air Purifiers (Z-2000 and Z-3000)?
Yes. In addition, the SensorPod of the Z-2500 and Z-3500 has an all new design and features additional sensing capabilities. It can measure three sizes of particulate matter (PM1.0, PM2.5, PM10) as well as VOCs, and calculates the overall air quality using a proprietary algorithm that is reactive to genuine increases in pollutants without overreacting to someone entering the room or settling into the couch.
What size room does each TruSens Air Purifier cover?
- Z-1000: We recommend using the TruSens Z-1000 in a small room, up to 250 sq. ft.
- Z-2000/Z-2500: We recommend using the TruSens Z-2000/Z-2500 in a small or medium room, up to 375 sq. ft.
- Z-3000/Z-3500: We recommend using the TruSens Z-3000/Z-3500 for any room size up to 750 sq. ft.
Does the unit come with a filter included?
- Z-1000: Yes, the TruSens Z-1000 comes with a Carbon Prefilter and a HEPA Type filter. It also comes with a UV-C emits light that reduces growth of germs and bacteria that can get trapped in the filter.
- Z-2000/Z-2500: Yes, the TruSens Z-2000/Z-2500 comes with a washable Prefilter, Carbon Layer and HEPA type filter.It also comes with a UV-C emits light that reduces growth of germs and bacteria that can get trapped in the filter.
- Z-3000/Z-3500: Yes, the TruSens Z-3000/Z-3500 comes with a washable Prefilter, Carbon Layer and True HEPA filter. It also comes with a UV-C emits light that reduces growth of germs and bacteria that can get trapped in the filter.
Is the Standard Filter included washable?
- The Prefilter on the Z-2000/Z-2500 and Z-3000/Z-3500 units is washable. Gently rinse the Prefilter under running water and allow to dry before reinstalling on the filter drum. Carbon and HEPA filters are not washable and should be replaced, as needed. The purifier is equipped with replacement indicators that will notify you when it is time to replace the Carbon or HEPA filter. Plan on replacing the Carbon filter every 3-4 months and the HEPA filter every 12-15 months.
How often do I need to replace the filter?
TruSens Air Purifiers is equipped with replacement indicators that will notify you when it is time to replace the Carbon, HEPA filter, or the UV-C light. Plan on replacing the Carbon every 3-4 months, HEPA filter every 12-15 months, and the UV-C light every 1-3 years.
- Z-2000/Z-2500/Z-3000/Z-3500: Visually inspect the Prefilter every month and wash as needed. We also recommend washing the Prefilter every time you replace the filter or the UV-C light.
How loud is the TruSens air purifier? Is there a quiet mode?
- Z-1000: The TruSens Z-1000 operates quietly, with levels ranging between 39-65 dB, dependent on the fan speed setting.
- Z-2000/Z-2500/Z-3000/Z-3500: The TruSens Z-2000/Z-2500/Z-3000/Z-3500 has a whisper mode and operates between 32 and 66 dB, depending on fan speed setting. It is also equipped with a Whisper Mode that can be manually selected by using the Fan Speed button.
Does the TruSens Z-1000 purifier have a SensorPod?
- The TruSens Z-1000 does not have a SensorPod. It features 360-degree DuPont filtration which allows for the collection of pollutants from around the room. It also has our proprietary Pure Direct dual airflow that moves cleaner air more efficiently throughout the room.
Will multiple SensorPods™ in a home or building interfere with one another?
- TruSens Air Purifiers are factory paired with Sensor Pod™ and designed to not interfere with one another.
Should the SensorPod™ and air purifier be in the same room?
- Yes. The SensorPod™ measures pollutants in a room and the air purifier responds accordingly. For this system to work as intended you should place the air purifier and Sensor Pod in the same room. Also, please make sure that the air purifier is appropriate for your room size.
Can you turn off the display lights at night?
- Z-1000: Lights on the TruSens Z-1000 Air Purifier are subtle and have been limited to only display the active fan speed and UV setting.
- Z-2000/Z-2500/Z-3000/Z-3500: Yes. Dimmer Mode turns off display lights, while the air purifier continues to operate in the selected fan speed.
Can I pair the SensorPod™ and the air purifier if I am not getting them to connect?
What do I do if SensorPod™ is not connecting with the air purifier?
- Make sure the SensorPod™ and the air purifier are in the same room and try to move the SensorPod closer to the air purifier.
How do I know if the SensorPod™ has lost connection?
- If the communication between the SensorPod™ and the air purifier is interrupted, you will notice that the radio signal on the air purifier blinks.
How far can you place the SensorPod™ away from the air purifier unit?
- Up to 49 ft (15m). For optimal results, place the SensorPod™ on a tabletop or counter across the room, but within line of sight of the air purifier.
Does the air purifier with the standard HEPA filter work on pet odors?
- TruSens Air Purifiers make use of an active carbon filter to reduce the presence of odors from the air, including pet odors. For optimal results, the carbon filter should be replaced approximately every 3-4 months.
Does the air purifier with the standard HEPA filter help with allergies?
- TruSens Air Purifiers have been developed to reduce allergens present in the air. The 360-degree DuPont™ filter allows air to be pulled in and filtered from all directions. TruSens proprietary PureDirect airflow distributes cleaner air efficiently throughout a room.
Does the air purifier with the standard HEPA filter able to filter out smoke?
- TruSens Air Purifiers make use of a combination of filters to remove smoke pollutants from the air. The active carbon filter reduces odorous gases caused by smoke, while the TruSens prefilter and HEPA filter capture smoke particles flowing through the TruSens air purifier
Does the air purifier with the standard HEPA filter work on kitchen odors?
- TruSens Air Purifiers make use of an active carbon filter to reduce the presence of odors from the air, including kitchen/cooking odors. For optimal results, the carbon filter should be replaced approximately every 3-4 months.
What does the UV bulb do? What are some of the specifications of the UV bulb?
Will the air purifier with the standard HEPA filter help eliminate the need to dust?
- TruSens Air Purifiers with DuPont™ filtration remove allergens and particulates in the air. The prefilter will capture the largest of particles (such as hair and dust), while smaller particles will be trapped by the HEPA filter. 360-degree filtration allows air to be pulled in from all directions, filtering dust and other pollutants.
Does the air purifier with the standard HEPA filter help with asthma?
- TruSens Air Purifiers have been developed and tested to reduce allergens present in indoor air. Reducing allergens in the air may help those with sensitivities, but a medical professional should be consulted to determine how to best alleviate asthmatic symptoms.
What are the CADR values of the air purifiers?
Z-1000 Z-2000 Z-3000 Smoke CADR (CFM) 56.0 94.8 191.6 Dust CADR (CFM) 84.1 111.7 199.1 Pollen CADR (CFM) 96.7 117.2 208.4
TruSens Specialty Filter FAQs
Here are some common questions concerning our three different specialty filters:
Which Specialty Filter is best for airborne allergens or viruses?
The Allergy & Flu Filter is an anti-viral Filter with True HEPA captures 99% of airborne allergens and viruses.
Which Specialty Filter is best for pet owners or pet allergies?
The Pet filter captures up to 99.97% of pet dander, and helps eliminate common pet odors.
Which Specialty Filter is best for odors or VOCs?
The Odor & VOC Filter with True HEPA helps removes common cooking and cleaning odors, and reduces VOCs.
What are VOCs? (As mentioned in the Odor & VOC filter)
VOC stands for Volatile Organic Compound. They are emitted as gasses from certain solids or liquids.
What is the difference between the Standard Filter and the Allergy & Flu Specialty Filter?
The Allergy & Flu Filter is an anti-viral Filter with True HEPA that captures 99% of airborne allergens and viruses.
Do Specialty Filters change the room coverage capabilities of the air purifier?
No, the room coverage values will be the same as stated on our website. The Specialty Filters were developed to enhance performance for your specific needs related to pets, allergies, and odors in your home
Why is it necessary to changes the filters on a regular basis?
As the filters do their job to capture airborne particles and pollutants, it loses its ability to absorb more and eventually becomes ineffective. It is important to replace the filters in your air purifier regularly to ensure maximum effectiveness.
Will Specialty Filters require larger amounts of energy for the air purifier to operate?
No, Specialty Filters will not impact the energy consumption of your air purifier.
Do these filters outperform a standard HVAC system?
TruSens™ Air Purifiers are meant to be operated in conjunction with your home HVAC system. The transportable option was developed to meet your air quality needs in spaces you need it most.
How do I dispose of the Specialty Filters?
Please follow the disposal guidelines of your local municipality. Specialty Filters currently aren’t recyclable.
Do I need to do any additional preventative maintenance for these specialty filters?
No, you treat it the same as the standard filters. Just pay attention for when the HEPA light comes on so you know when to replace it.
What’s the difference between the HEPA in the Standard Filter versus the Specialty Filters?
The Small Z-1000 and Medium Z-2000/Z-2500 come with HEPA-type filters, and the Large Z-3000/Z-3500 comes with a True HEPA filter. All Specialty Filters come with True HEPA and are available in every model size.
What is the difference between the carbon layer on the Standard Filter versus the Specialty Filters?
All specialty filters contain a denser carbon pellet layer.
What’s the difference between prefilter on the Standard Filters versus the Specialty Filters?
On the Standard Filters, both the washable prefilter and carbon filter can be removed from the fastener strips.On the Specialty Filters, the prefilter varies by type of filter. The Pet Filters have a washable prefilter that can be removed and gently rinsed with water. The Allergy & Flu and Odor & VOC Filters have an integrated wire mesh prefilter that cannot be removed, but that can be wiped clean with a damp cloth. The carbon filter layer has its own housing on each of the specialty filters, which detaches from the housing of the HEPA layer.